What Do We Believe?
What Do We Believe?
Believers Church - Statement of Faith
1. We believe in the existence of only one God, the maker and creator of all things, being in trinity of Father, Son & Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19, Gen. 1:1, John 1:1-3, Col. 1:16-17)
2. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, became incarnate, was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is in all truth, true God and true man. (Matt. 16:16, John 1:14, Luke 1:30-35, Luke 2:7-10)
3. We believe in the Bible, that it is the inspired word of God. We believe it in it’s entirety, and in its infallibility. (2 Tim. 3:16-17, Psalms 119:89, Matt. 24:35)
4. We believe in the salvation of the believers, by faith, through the shed blood of Jesus. (Romans 19:9-10, Eph. 2:8-10, 1 Peter 1:18-19)
5. We believe that those who receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior are born again of the Spirit of God, become ‘new creatures’ in Christ, and are sanctified by the blood of Christ unto personal holiness of life and heart and separate from the world. (John 3:3-6, John 1:12-13, 2 Cor. 5:17, Heb. 10:10, Titus 3:5, 1 Cor. 1:30, Eph. 2:6, Col. 1:13)
6. We believe in divine healing, through faith and that divine healing is included in the atonement. (Isa.53:4-5, 1 Peter 2:24, Mark 5:34, Luke 8:48, Matt. 10:8, Mark 16:17-18)
7. We believe that deliverance is for God’s people. We believe that the word of God tells us to cast out devils, and to minister deliverance to all that are oppressed of the devil, and to set the captives free. (Mark 16:17-18, Matt. 10:7-8, Matt. 15:26, John 11:44)
8. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, accompanied with the initial physical evidence of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance. We believe that this experience is separate and distinct from the new birth. (Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4, Matt. 3:11-12, John 14:17)
9. We believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 Cor. 12:8-11 are just as available to spirit filled believers today as they were in the beginning of the church. (1 Cor.12:7, 1 Cor. 14:2-4)
10. We believe in the blessed hope of the Church, according to Titus 2:13; the glorious appearing of the Great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. WE believe in the eminent and personal return of our Lord, Jesus Christ to receive the church unto Himself. (John 14:3, Acts 1:11, 1 Thess. 4:16-18, 2 Thess. 2:7, 1 John 3:1-3)
11. We believe in the resurrection of the dead; the believers to eternal life at Christ’s return and the lost to eternal damnation at the final judgment depicted in Rev. 20:11-15. (1 Cor. 15:19-23, 1 Cor. 15:50-53, I Thess. 4:16-18)
12. We believe in the evangelism of the world in accordance with the great commission in Matt. 18:20 and that signs follow this evangelism. (Mark 16:20, 2 Cor. 5:18)